Max E. Jiménez S.A., is part of the Jiménez financial group that integrates activities such as import and distribution of industrial chemicals, real estate, international trade and investment. In its 67 Anniversary of foundation, Jiménez group is successfully projected towards the future with a strong desire to increase the added value to its clients and continue to support the national industry, motivated by an optimistic vision of the future of our country.
Currently Max E. Jiménez S.A., represents major consortium in the chemical industry worldwide, such as Jungbunzlauer of Austria, Roquette Freres of France, INNOPHOS INC. E.U.A., and among other companies in Asia, Europe and Latin America. Our commitment is to provide national and international industry best quality raw materials and the certainty of delivery with punctuality and safety.
In 1944, Don Max E. Jiménez B., founder and first President of the company, established a small office and deposits located in the Colón Street, in the old center of the capital. In its early days the company represented a modest line of pharmaceutical products and had just four employees.
As a result of growing demand and need of more space for storage, in 1955 the company moved to Peru Avenue. From this year Max E. Jiménez S.A., enters the international market, serving multinational enterprises that centralize their purchases for the region of Central America and the Caribbean in Panama. During these years the company incorporates the lines of products for the food processing industry.
In 1963, the company moved to its present facilities located in the industrial urbanization of La Loceria. The new facilities significantly increased the storage capacity and space for administrative offices. In addition, the new location offered more security for distributed chemicals and raw. During the seventies, Max E. Jiménez continued its expansion by adding to their already recognized pharmaceutical chemical product lines, the import and distribution of resins and dyes.
In 1977 its founder Don Max E. B. Jiménez died. Today the street where the company is located is named as deserved recognition to who with dedication and care dedicated his best years to the development of this business.
After the death of its founder, his son, Maximilian Edmundo Jiménez Icaza takes possession of the Presidency of the company. The new President, a renowned economist, had developed as a manager of the company Hoechst of Panama and Central America. In addition, Maximilian Edmundo Jiménez Icaza, has had a long and prestigious diplomatic career. In three periods has been represented in the same position to his native country in Luxembourg, Holland, Belgium, Romania, and the European Union.
In the 1980s, the company ventured into real estate and during the 1990s, expanding its portfolio of products including detergents and industrial cleaning products, as well as raw materials for the fireworks industry.
After presiding over the company for many years, Don Maximiliano Edmundo Jiménez Icaza dies, leaving a legacy of commitment and dedication to his grandson José Manuel Miguez Jiménez; currently in charge of the company.